Cops have been spotted at Will Smith’s Calabasas mega-mansion just days after he slapped Chris Rock at the Oscars, reports The Sun.
A public relations officer for the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department confirmed that Smith himself called police at his family’s home on Tuesday afternoon amid the scandal.
A drone was reported to have flown over the multi-million dollar property, and around 2:40 p.m., a police vehicle pulled up to the house.
But by the time the police arrived at the scene, the alleged drone had already disappeared, the police confirmed to The Sun.
They say Chris Rock still hasn’t filed a claim after the 53-year-old actor attacked him on stage during a live broadcast of the Oscars on Sunday night.
He has since publicly apologized on his Instagram, stating that his behavior was “unacceptable”.
He wrote to fans: “Violence in all its forms is poisonous and destructive. My behavior at the Oscars last night was unacceptable and inexcusable. Jokes about me are part of the job, but the joke about Jada’s health was unbearable for me, and I reacted emotionally.
“I would like to publicly apologize to you, Chris. I was in the wrong place and I was wrong. I am confused and my actions were not indicative of who I want to be. In the world of love and kindness there is no place for violence.
“I would also like to apologize to the Academy, the producers of the show, all the members and everyone watching around the world. I would like to apologize to the Williams family and my King Richard family. I deeply regret that my behavior has tarnished what was otherwise a great journey for all of us.
“I’m in the process. Best regards, Will”
Smith’s wife, Jada Pinkett Smith, also made her first public appearance since the incident.
The Matrix star posted a quote on his Instagram feed hinting at the restoration process.
The text on a solid pink background read: “It’s the season of healing and I’m here for it. »
After the ceremony, Rock declined to press charges against the celebrity.
The Los Angeles Police Department said in a statement: “Los Angeles Police Department Investigations are aware of an incident between two people during the Oscars program.
“During the incident, one person hit another. The detainee refused to write a statement to the police. »
He continued, “If the party involved wants to receive a police report at a later date, the LAPD will be prepared to file an investigation report. »
Despite the confrontation, the King Richard nominee won the Best Actor award and still received applause.
However, insiders have speculated that angry Oscar bosses are considering stripping Smith of the award for his on-stage attack.
After the ceremony ended, the Academy tweeted: “The Academy does not condone any form of violence. »
A spokesman said on Monday: “The Academy condemns Mr. Smith’s actions on the show last night.
“We have officially begun a formal review of the incident and will look into further actions and consequences in accordance with our statutes, standards of conduct, and California law. »
Whoopi Golberg, governor of the current chapter of the Academy, denied the rumors.
Reflecting on the attack on her talk show The View on Monday, she said: “I think a lot of things were probably built.
“I think he overreacted… I think he had one of those moments where it was like [God damn] what, stop. »
Whoopi co-host Sunny Hosting said she was ‘surprised [Will] was unaccompanied,” and wondered if the Oscars would take him away.
Whoopi replied: “We are not going to take this Oscar away from him.
“I’m sure there will be repercussions, but I don’t think they’re going to, especially because Chris said, ‘Look, I’m not making any accusations.’ »
For the latest news on this story, check Sun Online regularly.
The-sun.com is the place where you can find the best celebrity news, sports news, real life stories, amazing photos and must-see videos.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheUSSun.