The beginning of the year is an opportunity for different teams to announce their new recruits and sometimes create new teams. January 27, 2022 Decathlonthrough its Trail Evadict brand, announced the birth of its new 100% female team!
It all started in 2020 when Decathlon created the Evadict brand. Evadict, run by Olivier Laboussole, wants to grow quickly and develop its fame. In July 2021, during a meeting with Thierry Breuil, Product Manager of Kalenji and five-time mountain running world champion, the idea of a 100% women’s team was born. ” During the exchanges, an idea came from Thierry: “What if we made a 100% women’s team? “. I immediately realized that this is a brilliant idea,” Olivier Labussol admits. Why? still very patriarchal society.I am also convinced that women in sports are not advanced enough (…) I am completely convinced that this sport is ideal for women who are more resilient and better develop the art of managing efforts in the long term.With this initiative, speech is about inviting all women who want to take their first steps in trail running to join our community, a fun, friendly community that is open to everyone, regardless of background or social status! »
Headliner Blandine L’Hirondelle
An unprecedented armada of ten women will be led by Blandine L’Hirondelle, world champion trailrunner, led by Philippe Propaj, former coach of the French trailrunning team. ” We want to tell the stories of women (some of them mothers) who have busy lives and schedules. Life interspersed with training and sports competitions. We are going to promote real stories of women, real athletes. And of course, with these 10 Trail enthusiasts, we also want to create products of the future. From equipment Designed to best meet the expectations of women. And the prospect of such cooperation is very interesting for our project teams. “. Two-time French mountain running champion (2020-2021) Blandine L’Hirondelle, called for the first time to join the team, will be accompanied by nine other famous athletes until 2025:
- Marie Dohin : 1st Méribel Trail 2021, 1st Integrale des Causses 2016, Team Long Course French Champion 2016
- Celine Finas : 1st place in UT4M Challenge 2021, 1st place in EDF Cenis Tour 2019.
- Melanie Finas : 1st Pyrenees Tour Trail 2019, Long Trail Vice Champion 2019, 2nd Endurance Trail des Templiers 2019
- Clementine Jeffrey : Eleventh at the 2019 Trail World Championships, 2018 French Vice Champion of the Trail, 2020 French Vice Champion of the Mountain Run
- Lori Fay : Four times winner of Trail d’Angkor 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.
- Jade Rodriguez : Bronze medalist at the World Junior Mountain Running Championships, French Junior Mountain Running Champion 2020, French Junior Mountain Running Champion 2019
- Adeline Roche : French Mountain Run Champion 2017, Trail World Vice Champion 2018, Trail World Champion 2019
- Camille Tire Monnier : 1st run Bout du Monde 2019, 1st run from Nantes to Montagu 2019 and 2021.
- Sara Old : 2x French Trail Champion (2017 and 2019), 2nd in Templiers 2018.
Text: Emeline Pichon
Photo credit: EVADICT