This is official and was announced on Tuesday in a press release. Strava becomes a partner Tour de France and Tour de France Women with Zwift. In a word, those who represent themselves “Ithe largest sports community in the world bringing together more than 99 million athletes” so join “the most emblematic cycling event that has written unprecedented history.” Three year partnership with Tour de France and Women’s Tour de France with Zwift and long-term partnership that will allow Strava from “to develop a new experience for the world community of athletes and make it experience the excitement of racing, stage by stage.“Partnership with Strava also includes support Stage of the Tour de Francea day that brings together about 16,000 amateur runners and will be organized this year in France on 10 July.
Video – Route of the Tour de France 2022 in 3D!
“We share with Strava passion for cycling…
For the first time Tour de France and Tour de France Women with Zwift come alive in the app Strava with a dedicated content center where daily activity monitoring and photos of runners will be available (her) professionals. Fans will be able to immerse themselves in the segments in detail, relive the best performances of the day, interact with the riders in unique ways (her) professionals and find a source of motivation for their future sports activities.
First Tour de France Women with Zwift in 2022 will be the most important women’s race in the world. Supporting the event Stravathrough its media power, wants to strengthen the ecosystem of women’s cycling and inspire future generations of runners.
Even before this partnership was formalized, the Tour de France and Strava already have a long common history. For several years, the teams responsible for designing the Tour de France routes have used Strava as a support for the creation of racing tracks by analyzing information from millions of public shares on Strava in France.
Strava has also long been the digital platform of choice for many runnersher) with peloton professionals. They share their efforts and performances with their fans, the media and the global community of athletes. In 2021, 72% of Tour de France riders shared their performances on Strava and among them 62% of the stage winners in the same edition. Strava also allows fans to stay in touch with their favorite runners all year round.
3D route of the first Women’s Tour de France
Michael Horvath, CEO & Co-Founder Strava :
“We are delighted to make a long-term commitment to the Tour de France and the Women’s Tour de France. Zwiftand also provide our global community of athletes with a new way to follow these iconic races on Strava. We are committed to promoting equality and participation in the sport as much as we believe in the future of women’s cycling.
The Tour is the most watched annual sporting event in the world and three-quarters of the peloton raced on Strava Last year. This partnership, as well as future activities on Stravawill allow more cyclists, including in the women’s peloton, to interact with and inspire athletes around the world in a whole new way, regardless of their gender, age or place of residence.”
Yann MöhnerAmaury Sport Organization CEO:
“We are excited and proud of this partnership with Stravathe largest sports community in the world. Strava will help cyclists get closer to the Tour de France and the Women’s Tour de France with Zwift to discover new routes for future challenges inspired by the world’s greatest runners. We share with Strava passion for cycling and let’s work together to develop it for men and women.”
Audrey Cordon-Rago (Team Track-Segafredo):
“It’s interesting to see Strava support women’s cycling with this partnership as it is the platform at the heart of professional and amateur cycling. I use Strava daily to track my workouts throughout the year. Strava I also recommend keeping an eye on what my teammates and competitors are doing. Strava offers a unique and authentic way to share my daily life as a professional, this is where I connect with the fans who follow me and support me. Being able to wear a distinctive jersey while on tour is a dream come true for some of us, hopefully for me!”
ðŸ“² The Tour de France will be streamed in Strava’s unique content hub, where fans can enjoy their own ride! pic.twitter.com/jZ4R6ZCskb
— Tour de France™ (@LeTour) March 29, 2022
community of doers Strava :
- Over 99 million athletes worldwide.
- Over 2300 professional athletes on Strava.
- More than a million new athletes register monthly.
- Over 1.8 billion activity downloads and 9.6 billion prestige given in the last 12 months.
- 10 billion kilometers traveled by cyclists Strava in 2021.
- 72% of Tour de France 2021 participants were on Strava.
- Two-thirds (62%) of stage wins were uploaded to Strava in 2021.
- 40 million actions are uploaded per week.
- Over 4 million photos per week.
- Over 30 million segments Strava.
- Every month, more than 9.7 million athletes set new personal bests on Strava.
* Strava is the leading digital platform for athletes and the largest sports community in the world with over 99 million athletes worldwide. If you sweat, you are an athlete. Mobile application and website Strava connect millions of active people every day. Strava offers fun and easy ways for athletes to stay motivated and compete against themselves and others without having to be in the same place at the same time. All athletes have their place on Strava, no matter where they live, what sport they play or what device they use. Join the community and get the most out of your sport with a membership Strava.