Starting this Monday, March 14th, the health protocol level is moving to level 1. The mask is no longer mandatory in schools, colleges and high schools, including classrooms. Contact with the event, canteens and brewing… Update on new measures in force.
New school protocol, level 1, mask end
This Monday morning marks the end of the mask at school with the passage of the sanitary protocol from level 2 to level 1. As such, elementary to high school students as well as teachers are no longer required to wear a mask in classrooms, but those who wish can still wear one. However, a mask is highly recommended for students with contact cases within 7 days. In middle and high school, the rules for contact cases are changing, as until now, vaccinated students were not considered contacts because they wore a mask. From now on, “all students who were in the same class with a confirmed case (common core class, specialty groups, variants, languages, etc.) (will) be considered at-risk contacts, without distinction between students who have or have not wore a mask,” the Ministry of Public Education clarifies in its new sanitary protocol at the school. From March 14, students can also participate in indoor and outdoor physical education (including contact sports) without restrictions. The new sanitary protocol also provides for the abolition of the ban on combining classes in the canteen. However, the Ministry of National Education reports,as a first step and, as far as possible, to limit excessive mixing between the group class and levels, especially during rest and recovery“.
We remind you that with the end of school holidays wearing a mask is no longer mandatory outdoors, especially in the playground, and from February 28 students no longer need to take three tests for D0, D+2 and D+4, but only one test for D2.to prove that they are negative when they are contact cases. Finally, affidavit proof of test completion is no longer required to return to school.
School field trips: health or vaccination pass suspended March 14
“From March 14, 2022, the use of vaccination and sanitary passes in all institutions where it was required (places of recreation and culture, activities of public catering establishments, fairs and exhibitions, etc.) is suspended in the capital, with the exception of healthcare institutions. and medical and social institutions”, specifies the Ministry of Public Education. Therefore, they will no longer be required for school field trips or even for the activities of school sports federations.
What is Level 1 for Elementary Schools, Colleges and High Schools?
The Ministry of Education provides four scenarios depending on the epidemic situation with adaptation at the national or territorial level during the 2021-2022 academic year. Distance learning, as well as physical and sports activities are subject to change depending on the level. That’s what Level 1 health protocol:
- face-to-face admission of all students;
- physical education and sports activities indoors and outdoors are allowed;
- for staff, wearing a mask is mandatory indoors, and the rules regarding outdoor mask wearing among the general population are respected
- for students, wearing a mask is mandatory for middle and high school students indoors. Thereby, this is no longer mandatory in elementary school starting with CP.
- Limiting mixing between student groups (classes, class groups, levels) is optional.
- Cleaning and disinfection of premises: at least once a day. Tables in the refectory are cleaned and disinfected at least after each service;
- In the dining room, the space should be organized in such a way that there is as much distance as possible between the students.
School Health Protocol: Level 2 / Level Yellow
- full-time admission of all students.
- Physical and sports activities are usually carried out outdoors. For example, in case of bad weather, classes can be held indoors at a distance of 2 meters.
- Wearing a mask indoors is mandatory for national education staff.
- Wearing a mask is mandatory indoors. Remember that from March 14, the mask will no longer be mandatory indoors.
- It is required to limit the mixing of students from different groups (class, class groups or levels). This restriction is all the more necessary when the distance between pupils of the same group can hardly be observed, as, for example, in kindergarten. When this recommendation cannot be applied, especially in high school, the level mixing limit applies;
- Room cleaning: several times a day. Tables in the refectory are cleaned and disinfected at least after each service;
- In the cafeteria, group stability is sought and, as far as possible, the same pupils dine every day at the same table on the first level. It is recommended to organize individual serving (trays, cutlery, water, dressing on a plate or on a tray).
What does level 3 of the health protocol provide?
- Wearing a mask indoors and outdoors for CP students as well as staff.
- hybridization is possible in the high school when institutional configuration requires it.
- Classes are held outdoors, but if necessary, only low-intensity activities that are compatible with wearing a mask and maintaining a distance of 2 meters are allowed indoors.
- Masks are mandatory for staff indoors and outdoors
- A mask is required in elementary, middle and high school indoors and outdoors.
- limit mixing between students of different groups (class, class groups or levels). In the first degree, no mixing of students from different classes must be observed in the dining room. This restriction is all the more necessary when it is difficult to maintain a distance between pupils of the same group (in particular, in kindergarten). When blending between classes is not possible (especially in high school), a level blending restriction applies;
- Room cleaning: several times a day. Tables in the refectory are cleaned and disinfected at least after each service and, if possible, after each meal;
- Students dine in groups and, if possible, every day at the same table in the first degree at a distance of at least two meters from students in other classes. Individual service is available (trays, cutlery, serving, water), but mass service is prohibited.
Sanitary protocol at school: level 4 / red level
- systematic hybridization in high school and for 4th and 3rd year students in college with a 50 percent number limit.
- As for physical and sports activities, they are carried out outdoors, keeping a distance of 2 meters, and hung indoors.
- wearing a mask is mandatory indoors and outdoors for staff
- A mask is required in elementary school, college and high school indoors and outdoors.
- Discipline shuffling restriction: same rules as level 3 (orange)
- Room cleaning: several times a day, after each service and, if possible, after each meal.
- In the canteen, the same rules apply as in the orange level: no bulk, personalized service, group lunch and, if possible, every day at the same table in the first degree.